Monday, July 28, 2008

Hungry, hungry, I am hungry...

It's has been really good being home. I mean really good. I can't get out of the still but grandma and grandpa are doing so much better. Grandma is getting around better now then before the surgery. And grandpa has been so much more awake and aware. Such a difference from before. It really helped changing his Parkinson's meds around. Yesterday I was able to give him a bath and shave. He was felling so good that I was able to take some pictures with him and grandma. That was kinda tricky because he is stuck in the bed and grandma can't move around too much so I was limited in what I could do. Then I couldn't take as many as I would have liked because they both weren't up to that. But I figured I better stick while the iron was hot and get some shots in.

Grandpa and Grandma

One of the good things that have come from this hospital visit has been that we've been able to just feed grandpa what he wants to eat. It sounds weird but grandma had so limited grandpa's diet that there wasn't much that he could eat. Now he can eat for pleasure. Though there is one stipulation, everything has to be pureed. Not a big problem but it makes for some interesting looking food. Case in point, today grandpa had some laulau that my auntie brought over. Now laulau looks kinda gross to begin with but pureed it's down right disgusting. Have a look!

Ewwwww

The view from my window the other day. Gorgeous!

Another nice thing about being home is that I can just sit and play on my computer (when I'm not rooming around). Right I've been having fun putting together slideshows from the pics I took when I was in Ohio this past May. I love my Mac. It has a great movie program that I've been using and loving. One of the things I really enjoy is finding just that right song to go with the pictures. I'm a real nerd about that. If you have noticed pretty much all my blog titles are either titles of songs or lyrics in them. Told you I was a nerd. But it keeps me out of trouble so I can't complain.

3 comments:

Scott Sunaoka said...

i'm glad grandpa is home. you seem much more chipper now! yay! i don't know what song and/or movie you're referring to for this post (but i do the same thing)

Joy said...

I'm doing much better now. Hopefully it will continue...at least for a little while longer.

The song is "The Super Supper March". I learned it way back in kindergarten. Unfortunately I could only remember the first verse. I finally Googled it and found the rest.

keao said...

hi joy

thanks for taking one of my favorite hawaiian foods ever and making it look like baby food, or the product a baby makes after eating baby food. sheesh.

you should join the youtube world if you're into making videos.