Friday, July 11, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends...

I just wanted to take a moment to say how thankful I am for the people that God has put in my life. I really have some amazing friends. I can't tell you how much I appreciate them. As quite a few of you will attest I am terribly negligent when it comes to keeping in touch with people. I always have the best intentions and more often then not that's all it is; good intentions. But no matter how terrible I am my friends are very forgiving and when I do see them it's as if no time has passed. What with missing alot of church and mini church it has been a bit since I've seen everyone. This on top of being gone for a month at my mainland home. Then there are my wonderful friends on the mainland. There must be times they wonder if I have fallen off the face of the earth. To all my friends a heartfelt thank you!!!

Yesterday was truly a blessing to me in more then one way. In the afternoon I was able to get out with Keao and go for a walk. That was great because not only did I get some sunshine and excercise but I got to hang out with Keao. Since I've tied to home more those have been some things I've been lacking. If you have ever read Gary Chapman's book on the five love languages you will understand what I'm saying when I say spending time with people I care about really fills my 'love tank'. My primary love language is quality time. The time spent with Keao blessed me so much. Thank you Keao, you don't even know!

Then in the evening I was able to go mini church. Yea!!! Love that mini church! My mini church has undergone a lot of changes in the past few months. Right before I left to the mainland Malia, my mini church shepherd, the defector...just kidding...kinda, left our mini church to start a couples one. I am, as you can see, not bitter about this. I was sad to see her go because that night was one of the few chances I have to just sit and catch up with her. My friend Dural took over as mini church shepherd. I really appreciate him, he does a great job. He's one of the 'good guys'.

Since I started this mini church it has gone through so many changes. When I first went it was just a women's mini church at someone's house. Then that leader left and it changed to a 'coed' mini church at the shepherd's grandma's house. Then we moved to Starbucks after that leader moved. Now we are at someone's house again. That's nice because we do worship now. Last night's was really good. Our group has also grown. Last night we had 14 people there! I think I am the only on left from the original mini church. It's good to have new people but it changes the feel of the group and though I excited at what is happening I'm kinda sad too to see it change.

Today is also my dad's birthday.

Happy Birthday Dad!

Dad is good at keeping his kids in line

July is a crazy month for b-days in my family. I've already missed a couple so I will give them the shout out now. I going to try to remember doing this on a regular basis.

Happy Birthday Chrissy!

My sister's: Dara and the birthday girl Chrissy

Happy Birthday Katy!

Me and the birthday girl Katy

Happy Birthday Angeline!

My mom and the birthday girl Angeline

I also have to mention some birthdays for my 'other' family.

Happy Birthday Auntie Sharen!

Happy Birthday Auntie Mary!

The birthday dinner for the July birthday girls. Back row: Angela and me, Front row: Auntie Judy, birthday girl Auntie Mary, birthday girl Auntie Sharen.

Happy Birthday Malia!

Me, the birthday girl Malia, Krystie, Pua. This picture is rather appropriate as Malia just got engaged.

If I have missed any of your birthdays I'm sorry. Yell at me later.

4 comments:

keao said...

wow, thanks so much joy for the shout-out. It really helped me this week too.

uhh, your family has a lot of birthdays in july...count backwards. Your parents must be fond of a certain month. I don't think I've seen a picture of your parents before. I'm going to stare at them for the next hour to figure out where you got your sexy looks from. Hey don't argue with me, that was Jamal's words, not mine.

Joy said...

Actually I should mention that Chrissy's is in June but counting dad's there are 5 family birthdays in July.

You know there are some things you really don't want to think about... A friend once sent me a email where you go to this site a put in your birthdate and it will give you all this cool info on that day. One feature was that it would count back and give you that exact day that you were... you know. There is such a thing as too much info

Scott Sunaoka said...

sheesh, who wasn't born in the summer? not a lot to do in the winter eh?

Joy said...

For the longest time all of my familie's birthdays fell in June through Sept.with my mom's birthday coming last. Then they had the youngest kiddos. One is in Nov. and on is in Dec. And I have to say that any thoughts beyond that such as your comment fall into TMI territory. There are just somethings that I don't want to think in connection with my parents.