Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to youuuu...

It's time for another family birthday. This time it's my sister Dara (for number in line please refer back to Country Road post). Happy Birthday Dara!



You can be praying for us as we have moved into yet another season of change over here. Grandma has discovered that she has gall stones and will have to get them removed. Or have her gallbladder removed. She has had several friends tell her that they've had their gallbladders removed and that she shouldn't go that route. She saw the doctor and they recommend taking the gallbladder out. They set the appointment tentatively for next Friday. If not then, then the 30th. She had a peace about the surgery yesterday then today she is waffling. Talking about the recovery and what it might be like.

She has been having problems as well again with feeling her head is all foggy and she can't think straight. She also was having problems with her legs feeling 'heavy' and that she can hardly move them. She went through a battery of tests last year and they didn't tell us much. They think her leg problems were caused by a pinched nerve. Sometimes I think she gets so emotionally overwhelmed and this is her way of handling it. She kinda shuts down. She knows that I'll take care of grandpa. Lately she has been spending alot of time back in the bedroom while I stay out with grandpa.

I think one of the reasons for that is because grandpa is slipping away from us. He has been hallucinating more and when he's not hallucinating more often then not he's sleeping. Though I don't care for that as much it is easier when he does sleep. At times when he hallucinates he gets combative and antagonistic. Or argumentative. This is not grandpa at all and I think grandma is taking it hard. That's very understandable. But it doesn't make it any easier.

2 comments:

keao said...

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a tough time in people's lives and it's out of our control. My grandparents died at young ages except for my last grandpa...and he has a new much younger wife to take care of him. I didn't appreciate how fortunate we were.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joy! :) It's been kinda crazy with all the Birthday cake tho... whoa baby, I'm afraid to step on the scale now!!! hahaha