Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Take my breath away...

Today I had to go to the doctor because I was having problems breathing because of the vog. It has been so bad lately. I was a little surprised because I haven't had as much problems with my asthma for a while. Or at least not without being right in the middle of exercising. Yet another reason to avoid exercising, hehe. So the doctor prescribed 2 different inhalers to help. No problem because I was able to get on a insurance after all the craziness at the beginning of the year. Except the insurance I have doesn't cover anything but antibiotics. So I got the cheaper one which ok because it's the rescue inhaler. I have to call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can take something else. I'm so thankful that for the most part I've been pretty healthy. I can't imagine how it could be for someone who is really sick and doesn't have insurance.

Hopefully we will get the tradewinds back soon and I won't have the problems anymore. Being able to breathe is a wonderful thing!

On the upside on the 4th I will start my new job! I wasn't sure what to do about the whole job situation, going to the mainland for the holidays, what's next all that. So finally I called a friend who told me about a job she knew of. At the time she told me it didn't seem right. For one thing it is in Honolulu and I really wanted to stay in Kaneohe because of my car situation. For another it's as a dental assistant. I wasn't sure if that was something I wanted to do. Wasn't sure if it was something I could do. But nothing seemed to be opening up. Through this whole time I've been praying and I haven't felt any direction other then that I was suppose to stay here. I wanted to make sure I wasn't turning down something that I was suppose to do so I decide to call my friend and see if the job was still available. The job she told me about had been filled but she might have another job opening. It would only be part time for now and full time after April. I prayed that if I was suppose to get the job I would. If I wasn't then I wouldn't. So I got the job so what does that tell you? In alot of ways this was kinda like me doing what Gideon did and put a fleece out for God. (Judges 6:36-40)

I'm so thankful. God is so good. It's scary but it's good. God wanted me there so He'll help learn everything.

1 comment:

Scott Sunaoka said...

congratulations on getting the job joy! i know that jobs are hard to come by so you getting one is wonderful.