Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yo ho, yo ho....

On Friday and Sunday I was privileged to help Keao Sunaoka with the Children's choir performance. Keao has been working with these kids for, I think, several months. They are amazing. The great thing is though they love performing they love just sitting around singing. That is so awesome. They are also a bunch of kids and can go a little crazy so Keao asked if I could help with just keeping the kids rounded up. I came in at the last moment so I don't know how much help I was but I had fun.

After Children's choir performance on Sunday I got to do one of my favorite things. Go out on the boat! Keao asked what I was doing the rest of the day. I told her hopefully I was going out on the bay. I love it. I love hanging out and swimming at the sandbar. I love going snorkeling. I love going fishing. I pretty much love it all. Even food taste better out there. Usually my friends and their two kids come with us but they weren't feeling well so we went without them. They missed out it was gorgeous. The water was extremely clear and the waves died down and got very flat. So of course that meant we HAD to go snorkeling. Even grandma went snorkeling. I was so surprised. She had never done it before. She didn't snorkel for very long but just the fact that she did it was so shocking.

I had been snorkeling for a while when I popped out the water and told Uncle Phil that I really wished I had the underwater camera. He said we did. What!!! Why didn't you tell me. He told me I didn't ask :)

I took a lot of pictures, of course, but unfortunately it's on their camera so I don't have the pictures to post. I got some really nice ones. As I was floating around snapping pictures something came up by my shoulder. It turned out to be a eagle ray. I followed it for a little bit and got a great picture but since I don't have it you will just have to take my word for it.

The little ripple on the righthand side is Aunty Mary

Look at how flat it is

Aunty Mary, Uncle Phil and Grandma

Uncle Phil and Grandma snorkeling... or at least attempting to snorkel

Grandma is pau. She was heading back to the boat

4 comments:

Scott Sunaoka said...

joy! you're totally holding out on us! i had no idea you went out to the sandbar so much. well i'm glad you had so much fun, even though it was without us :(

Joy said...

I try tag along with my friends as often as I can. One of these days you guys will have to come out. It's so awesome.

Btw Scott when are you going to post something again. You know it's been a loooooong time since the last one ;)

keao said...

it does seem like you mention the sandbar like every week. I would love to go out...I agree, Scott hasn't posted in forever.

I missed out on camping. Thursday!!! I am ready for hiking...no breakfast or lunch appointments for me, I will sleep and be ready. Charlie won't be ready to walk by then, though.

Joy said...

So missed you on the camping trip. Next time

I probably mention the sandbar every week because we try go out every week. I think I would go out more if I could. I love it!