Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wipeout...

Today was so much fun. Today I got to hang out with Keao and take pictures at the beach. It doesn't get much better then that.

I got a call from Scott this morning asking if I would be interested in taking pictures at a wedding in November. That is so awesome. I'm so honored that he thought of me for that. It's actually very scary prospect, but a good scary. It's the scary because unknown part. But new challenges are good, they help us to grow.

After I talked to Scott I called Keao. We got talking and as it turned out she had a wedding to shoot this afternoon. So basically I invited myself along. I have wanted to go before but I have a hard time inviting myself to things. Luckily for me Keao had no problems with me going along. It was nice because we got to hang out all afternoon. It was all the way out in Ko Olina which is about a 30min drive away. Which isn't very far by mainland standards but for Hawaii that's pretty stinking far. and not only did I get to hang out with Keao but I got to play with her camera. Yea!

The couple was from Alaska and so nice. The day was perfect. A little overcast but overcast in the good way. Overcast it great for outdoor photography of people because it doesn't give you any harsh shadows or squinty eyes. I can't wait to see the pictures. I know Keao's will be amazing as usual and I want to see them. I'm also curious how mine came out. Unfortunately for me Keao has them. But I know she's nice and she'll share them soon.

And all this was on top of a great weekend. On Saturday was Splashdown, the 25th anniversary celebration for Hope Chapel at Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park. I haven't been there yet and I wasn't disappointed. I love water parks. Except for the whole bathing suit aspect of course.

The first ride of the day was the Cliffhanger. Which is a 6 story free fall. What a rush! What a great way to start the day.
After the Cliffhanger it was back up the HUGE hill then on to the Volcano Express. A 5 and a 1/2 story drop. But it's not just a drop you get to race your friends. I raced Dural and Matt. There was a whole lot of trash talking going on. I got hung up in the start and so I didn't win but that's ok.

After the Volcano Express we moved on to the Shaka. I rode with Matt who was so brave considering that he is scared of heights. I rode in front and it was insane. Just look at it, it's crazy. I'm so proud of you Matt.


Next was the Flyin' Hawaiian. Supposedly a nice and safe ride. Supposedly because looks can be deceiving. It is actually a very dangerous slide. Just ask Scott :)

From there we moved onto the Surfsliders. Again we raced. Not quite sure who won as I had to close my eyes at the end. My slide was especially fun as it was completely dark until you got to the end.
After the Surfsliders we met up with Scott and headed to the Tornado. The Tornado is the latest slide that they have made. It is this gigantic tunnel that drops you into a funnel that looks like it came from a cartoon.

You get to ride up to four people so Scott, Dural, Matt and I all got to ride at the same time. The inner tube looked like as one person put it a giant Honeycomb cereal piece. Though I started out facing forward I ended up going over the drop backwards. I seriously felt I was going to fall off. I obviously didn't and ended up riding the Tornado again. In fact I rode the Shaka, the Cliffhanger and the Flyin' Hawaiian twice too.

After all that we were all pretty starved so it was off to dinner then the festivities for the night that included some pretty awesome worship and a visit from the mayor. Pretty cool! And I haven't even told you about Keao's Blast from the Past birthday party and Dural's birthday dinner. I'm not going to do so now but I will soon. I promise.

2 comments:

keao said...

that couple was sooooo nice!!! I am going to use some of your pictures so I owe you. I marked them so I know which are yours and I'll show em to you.

Isn't it fun when life is too packed with fun and your blog can't keep up.

Joy said...

No not at all, I owe you. I'm just glad there were some nice ones. I can't wait to see them.

I like when life is too packed with fun to keep up. Not so much when it's the other way. Too much not so nice stuff to keep up isn't fun.