Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm baaaaacccckkkk!


Well I'm back. It was so good to be back in Ohio with the fam. I have really missed them. It helped though that I wasn't gone for as long this time. On Saturday my parents and three of my siblings took me to the airport. I did ok though it got hard after mom started crying. One of my sisters told me that when I go it's like the sunshine in the family goes. That was so sweet but it's kinda like just rip out my heart, why don't you. I really have to say that God has really blessed me with my family. We're all so close even though they're so many of us and there is such a wide range in our ages. My youngest brother is 19 yrs younger then me! I got in Saturday night around 8 which isn't that bad but you figure that that's 2 o'clock in the morning. So though it wasn't late it felt really late to me. When I woke up Sunday morning it was strange because it felt like I didn't even go!

Well I guess it's on to the explanation of why it has been so long since I wrote a blog. On the 12th of May my parents and I went done to District Counsel. District Counsel for those who don't know is basically the annual business meeting for the Assembly of God pastors of Ohio. I went down with them because I wanted to see the guy who was speaking on Monday night. Well not so much speaking but doing a stand up routine. His name is Tim Hawkins and he's a christian comedian. He was hilarious and I had a great time hanging out with just my parents.




We got home Wednesday and on Thursday morning we headed out to West Virginia. After a 6 or 7 hour trip we were there. We go down and stay at a friends house down there. They very graciously let us use their getaway place. It's wonderful. It's way back on the back roads. I think it takes us 20 minutes just to get to the freeway and 30 to 40 minutes to get to the nearest grocery store. It's so great but the downside is that cell phone reception is pretty much non- existant and they don't have Internet. It's amazing how used to that you get. I didn't even have a cell phone until a couple months before I moved here 3 1/2 yrs ago and the only Internet I had was the library until a year after I moved. But now it's hard to not have it for even a week! And we were down in WV for 2 weeks. So I'm trying to catch up now. I'll going to try to talk more about the trip and have pictures in the coming week or so.

2 comments:

keao said...

oh, we missed you so much, joy. I think your sister is biting us, because we were saying that the whole time you were gone..."there's no sunshine when joy is gone." Ask Mel, she remembers us saying it all the time.

Can't wait to see you. No walking this Thursday, Scott and I are taking a little getaway vacation. But we'll see you this weekend!!!

Do you like the show "Sex in the City?"

Joy said...

I missed you too! It's funny how you guys said the same thing. As bad as it sounds it's nice to know I'm missed when I'm not here...and that you guys aren't out celebrating like Kevin said!