Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting...

It's been a bit again since I posted. Though not a lot has happened lately so that might by why. I've been the opposite of poor Scott and Keao. I haven't been out of the house much. I missed mini church and church this past week. I was bummed but what can you do when your grandma is really tired and doesn't feel up to taking care of grandpa. It's a good thing I got that break when I did. I've been sleeping on the couch since last Wednesday. That's ok though, because then I don't feel guilty when I go back to sleep for a couple hours after gma gets up. I never sleep very well when I sleep on the couch, probably because I'm half awake all night listening out for gpa. It really stunk when I was home because I was still getting up a couple of times a night to go to the bathroom because my bladder is used to getting up at night with gpa.

The last time I was out was Sunday when I went with a friend and her grandkids to go see Kung Fu Panda. Great movie, I loved it. I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob. As some of you know I'm a cartoon junkie. I freely admit it. I attribute it to the fact that I have a Peter Pan complex. Why grow up when being a kid is so much more fun. Well other then the whole not being able to drive thing of course. I've pretty much seen every cartoon movie that has come out. If it's by Dreamworks e.g. Kung Fu Panda, Pixar e.g. Finding Nemo, Blue Sky Studios e.g. Ice Age, Disney e.g. The Lion King, or Big Idea e.g. VeggieTales. I love them all.

If you have ever gone to a movie with me that's funny you know that I'm rather loud in my enjoyment. I saw a movie one time with a bunch of people from church and afterwards Scott told me that they could tell when I thought a part of the movie was funny. Another time I went to a movie with Ruthie and Reuben and we got shushed by a 10 year old! I kid you not. I've been told by a friend of mine that she knew I was in the audience of the play she was in because of my laugh. Yeah I know it, I'm loud.

Here is something else that always makes me laugh. My family has these turtles that they've had since the turtles were about the size of a dollar coin. Whenever someone walks by or goes near to the tank the turtles always freak out. Probably because they are little piggies and they want you to feed them. You should see them when my dad goes by them. It's hilarious! Btw, I did feed them after this.

4 comments:

Scott Sunaoka said...

aww turtles are the best. i accidentally killed one once. it startled me as i was carrying it and i dropped it on its shell. i thought the shell would have protected it but i guess not. it died a few days later...

Joy said...

Your turtle story made me laugh. It's really funny, the first part at least. The second part is sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

keao said...

your turtle video is cute. One turtle is really going for it. I wonder...since he's pressed up the glass and looking outwards, I wonder if it fools him into thinking he's actually flying through open space.

I used to have a filter in my big fish tank with my fighting fish. When I dropped the food in, it always floated to one corner because of the water current. Now I know when my fish is hungry because now he just waits for me in that corner.

Scott doesn't appreciate how intelligent this fish is.

sorry you're stuck at home. I have Sunday afternoon off if you want to see a movie or something.

Scott Sunaoka said...

nah no worry. it wasn't my turtle. bethany was pretty bummed though. she accused me of killing her turtle for years afterward.