Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My first blog

So, I decided to give into peer pressure yet again. In what you might ask. Blogging. I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. I didn't know what I would even write about or if I did write something would anyone care enough to read it. In that I know I will have at least one reader (Thanks Keao!) But I decided that it for nothing else it's a good way for me to get some thoughts down. Kinda like a diary, though everybody can read it. So why not? What do I have to lose, other the hours of time if I get addicted to this. Well, who cares! I'm gonna do it, so look out web, here I go!

So what happened today. About the same as most of my days. Not much. Though today had a nice change. I was able to get Grandpa up and in the wheelchair for a little bit. While he was up I was able to give him a haircut and move him on the front stoop for some fresh air and sunshine. It's been a little bit since I've been able to do that. It always seems that if it isn't one thing it's another. If he is feeling good his blood pressure is too low to be able to sit in a chair. Or if his blood pressure is up he's having problems with hallucinations. Some days I just think it stinks to get old. It's been really hard on him. I can't even imagine what it's like to have your body and mind betray you. Grandpa has been dealing with this for over 20 years. He's a pretty incredible guy.


Grandpa after the haircut

I talked to my mom for a little bit this morning. She said my little brothers have been counting down the days until I go back for a visit. They are so cute. Each morning they get up and inform everyone exactly how much longer it is. I sure miss those little stinkers! I never really gave much thought when I was growing up to how it would be like to live so far away from my family. I never realised how much I would miss them. And though they drive me crazy I wouldn't trade them for anything.


Some of the fam. The two little stinkers are on the far left.

So I guess that's it for my first post. I have a meeting to go to tonight and if I don't get moving I'm going to be late. So I better go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was good to see your thoughts about grandpa!

Unknown said...

I like how you are doing the blog. Its like your online journal. I miss you and cant wait until you come. :) only 6 more days Yeah!!! :)