Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chuck E Cheese

Today was fun. I got to go out with and friend of mine shopping then we hit the big Cheese. I love Chuck E Cheese. Call me immature, a big kid, a sufferer of Peter Pan syndrome, I don't care. I think it's great. I love to see all those kids running around having so much fun. They all (ok, most) have the biggest smiles on their faces. Though after a while some of them get this kinda glazed look on their face. It's chaos. It's noisy. It's awesome.

The jingle of tokens intermingle with the song of the games and the voices of the kids. They run around tossing those tokens about like some kind of nabob spreading goodwill. But what really get them going is the tickets. Who cares if they win or lose as long as they get tickets. My friend told me her little boy was playing skeet ball and wasn't even watching to see where the balls were going. His eyes were glued to the ticket dispenser.

I walked around with her daughter. She was very nice and shared some of her tokens. We played air hockey on a table that came to my knees. We had our picture drawn. I had to slouch so low on the seat I was basically on the floor. We wandered around alot trying find the perfect games to blow our tokens on.

I think it's kinda funny to watch the parents play with their kids and the kid could really care less about the game but the parent wants to play it so they have to play. It's kinda like the parents who buy present for their child but they spend the most time playing with it. And watching them on the riding games is hilarious. Though I have to admit that those are probably my favorite to do when I take my brothers. Last time I was home my dad and I raced on the snowmobiles. But after today I might pass or at least start wiping everything with disinfectent wipes first. I watch a little boy go on a booger hunt the grab the handle bars and play the game. The next time I looked I saw a guy on it. All I could think was, if you only knew...

So all in all I had a great day. Got to finish some shopping I wanted to do before I go back to Ohio on Thursday. Got Manapuas. That's important because we can't get them there. The only problem is how heavy they are. Do you know how heavy 40 manapuas are? Pretty stinking heavy. That will probably be my whole suitcase again. The things I do for my family. It's a good thing they really appreciate it.

4 comments:

keao said...

oh did you you have pizza? I love their pizza...yum yum. hee hee, my cousin, Jasen, got that glazed look. It scared me a little because he went ten minutes without blinking. I finally picked him up and took him away until his eyes looked normal again.

PS. I wish you weren't going home. I guess if you have to.

God's Beloved said...

you are coming back? when!? Paul and I will be up there May 8-9. Will you be around then?

Joy said...

Yeah, I had the pizza. Yummy! I'm glad I'm not the only one to have seen the 'glazed phenomenon'. I'll miss you guys but I'll be back soon. Then we'll have to go to Chuck E Cheese. I even promise to gently remove you if you get glazy.


I get back the second of May so we'll have to get together. I can't wait to me Jonny.

Scott Sunaoka said...

yeah, chuck e cheese's pizza is good, but not as good as 40 manapua. have a safe trip joy.