Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baby it's cold outside...

I sit here in the living room all snuggled up watching it snow once again. It can be so pretty watching it snow, just as long as I'm watching it from here in the warmth. I will admit that the snow and ice can be beautiful. I just don't like the cold that goes with it. Last week some of my siblings were out playing in snow. They had a great time. They played Pie and made snow tunnels and there was a fleeting moment of insanity for me. I actually had a moment of wanting to go join them, I quickly overcame it. Sooner or later I suppose I will have to go out and play. It just no longer appeals to me. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Jon, Katy and Joe playing pie




That's actually been feeling that I've been having alot lately. Though some of that might be the fact that I done things with the teens. They seem so young. I just look at them and think, these are all kids that were in my children's church when I taught. Kids that I have known from the time they were babies. My youngest sister is one of the oldest kids in the youth group for goodness sake! Since I was here I went to Youth Convention with the youth group. Youth Convention is a time for a couple thousand teens from all over Ohio to get together and get fired up for God. It was awesome! I had a blast though I kept thinking that I was surrounded by babies. These kids surely couldn't be old enough. And doesn't that make me the old fogey. It's pitiful.

Emily and Katy







The theme of the Convention

4 comments:

Scott Sunaoka said...

wow, that's a lot of snow. i'm not sure i've ever seen so much snow all in one place like that before. oh well, stay warm joy!

Joy said...

I know the snow is crazy. And it keeps melting down and then snowing again so it never goes away. The snow at one point was almost to the bottom of the stop sign.

Sassy Sissy said...

The look on Ray's face in the sixth picture is the same look that I had as I slowly realized who all those kids were!!! Oh man, we ARE old. I saw Melissa, who I haven't seen in awhile. I was wondering who the two boys were, and then it slowly dawned on me that they were, ummm, ARE the Fowler boys. And then there was Emily--I just couldn't believe it. Really, I just can't believe it.

Joy said...

Isn't it crazy!!! Where does the time go?